Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sound Boxes: Letter T

A couple weeks ago I told you about sound boxes that I found on What DID we do all day? I am going to try to post about each of the boxes that I make. To be honest, there is a lot of repetition between the I box and the T box. Maybe in the future I can try and change it up a little.

A sound box is a box (or in my case a bin) of items to help teach a phonetical sound. This week our letter was T.

I got most of the ideas for what to put in the box from What DID we do all day?, but I added a few of my own.

Here's what's in our box:



Sandpaper letters

Letter T objects: Triangle, Turtle, Television, Truck, another Turtle, Toaster, Train, Trumpet, and Tug Boat.




Letter T cards, one set was cut apart and put inside the T box. The other set I left together for matching. I downloaded these from Our Montessori Story



The Letter T for Turtle & T for Television from our flashcard set.

T is for Turtle magnet page and lowercase and uppercase T is for Turtle sorting from Confessions of a Homeschooler



Find the T snowman game and Sound mat from PreKinders



How to Build T template from Tired Need Sleep

Letter T Alphabet Partner Puzzles and Time for T printable book from Alphabet Avenue {scroll down to Alphabet Readers Zip File}

Worksheets from Starfall that my friend made into a cool book for Mustang.

I found a fun new tote to display it all in at the Dollar Tree :)



God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of the sound boxes. I need to ask, where do you find the little objects. I have been wanting to find little objects like that for a while. I know the Montessori where I worked had a nice selection, but I have no idea where to find such things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea for sound boxes! Is it pretty time consuming to pull it all together?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts!