Thursday, January 22, 2009

Are you Crunchy?

I personally find this phrase kinda appauling, but it the term used for a green/organic/cloth diapering, etc. mommy. I learned today that the 'crunchy' comes from the fact that many of these mommies like granola. Seems to be a bit of a stretch if you ask me!

So are you? This web-site has a cool quiz and scores you on your crunchinesss. http://themoralesfamily.us/granola.htm

I am a 66-Pretty Crispy.

And, since this blog is about me telling you about me, I will tell you my answers.

1. Do you have a homebirth?
No! I need pain killers :)

2. Will you circumcise?
Yes I have :) I am going with the whole thing that it was God's idea in the first place.

3. Do you use cloth diapers?
Yes! (I got good crunchy points here to make up for the other 2), but no I dont make my own. I cant sew. While we are on this question Elimination Communication (no diapers) Um a ur wow. I truly hope that no one around me thinks this is a good idea!

4. Do you observe your fertility signals using; Natural Family Planning/Fertility Awareness and use that for birth control?
Yes - observe and use for birth control/TTC (more crunchy points) If you want to do this, check out the book 'Taking Charge of your Fertility.'


5. Do you co-sleep?
Well as a matter of fact we do. This was not our idea, it was our kids. I wish the answer was no. Most nights I have 2 extra people in my bed by morning. Maybe we can do something different in the future!!

6. Do you use a baby sling/soft carrier?
Thinking about it. Though I just realized that soft carrier was also in here-which we do use. Slings are a new thing. I think I would like to have one for this baby/babies. I dont think I have a chance without one.

7. Do you breastfeed exclusively for the first 6+ months?
No - but use occasional bottles of expressed breastmilk and occasional bottles of formula. This was my answer. My REAL answer was I would love to but I dont seem to produce enough breast milk to feed a flee let alone a child.

8. Do you believe in/practice child-led weaning; even if that means breastfeeding for several years?
Yes - up to 2 years, my belief, not my practice

9. Do you tandem nurse/nurse during your pregnancy?
Yes - nurse during pregnancy, but wean before birth Again belief not practice

10. Would you/have you ever breastfed/fed someone else's baby or have someone else breastfeed your child?
No - wouldn't consider it My mom did this once and I still think its weird.

11. Do you eat organic/whole/natural foods and limit your meat?
No-We eat meat all the time. The organic thing I feel is hype. I wouldnt mind growing my own food, though.

12. Do you use herbal/homeopathic remedies?
No

13. Do you homeschool?
Yes currently

14. What's your take on childhood vaccinations?
Thinking about NOT vaccinating This was my answer, but really I am thinking about delayed vaccinating. We stopped getting flu shots this year and plan to not get them in the future.


15. Do you use cloth/re-usable products for mom?
Thinking about it

16. Do you wear make-up?
Yes - all the time my barn needs paining-believe me!

17. Do you shave?
Yes - all the time absolutely, wouldnt think of anything else!!!

18. What is your shoe style?
Sandals when going out What kinda question is this? I wear sandals in the summer and sox and shoes in the winter. Barefoot, uh no.

19. Do you use natural cleaning products/etc?
No. I have a hard enough time cleaning. I dont want to have to make things and then clean!!

So that's my crunchiness in a nutshell. Hope you enjoy the quiz. I would love to know your score!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty neat Lisa! I am fixing to take it now! I will post my score on my blog!

Anonymous said...

We are a lot alike!! I'll post my answers too!!