Thursday, January 15, 2009

Stats

Last week Mustang went for her 3 year old check up and Charger went for his 12 month. Yes we were a little (or a lot) behind. Charger got 3 shots. Mustang was very disappointed to find out that she wouldnt be getting any. You just cant please a 3 year old! I decided to forgo flu shots this year. After Charger's seizures this last year, I have decided that we will not be getting any 'extra' vaccinations (which will include chicken pox).

Charger had his blood drawn for his lead levels. I was amazed! Granted, he had 3 shots right before he went into the lab, so maybe he was in a state of shock or the medicines were already starting to knock him out. The lab tech greated Charger and then took his arm (I was holding him) and began drawing the blood. He just looked at her. He didnt smile or anything, but he sat just as still as one can. He flinched when she put the bandaid on at the end. Wow! The tech said she hadnt ever had a little one sit that still. I told her I hadnt either! With Mustang they had to get a large man to come hold her so that she would sit still-I wasnt strong enough. His lead levels came back at one on a scale of 0-20.

All right, on the the important stuff-height and weight!! I dont ever put down head circumference. I mean, when was the last time you had someone come up to you and say, what a cute little boy, what size is his head? Take that back, a friend last week asked if Charger's head was big, but thats rare.

Anyways...Charger now weighs 24.7 lbs and is 30 1/2 inches long. That puts him in the 50th percentile. Mustang is 36.04 lbs .o4? huh okay. She is in the 90th percentile for height and the 80th percentile for weight. She's going to be tall.

And while we are on stats, I had my first OB appointment last week and am starting this pg (officially with the dr) at 132.9. The nurse called this my 'skinny' weight. I dont know what percentile I am in :).

No comments: