Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A change of seasons

Well, today is the first day of fall. I love fall. The beautiful colors, the warm days with cool nights. The mums (one of my favorites). Wearing jeans and no longer exposing the world to my ghost white legs which, I find in my old age no longer tan. Pumpkins, apple cider, hay rides and using our fire place for the first time each year.

I used to not like fall. When I was a kid I loved summer, swimming everyday, staying up late, and no school. Fall ment school was back in session, snow and cold were coming, and yet another year had passed. In school you measure years in school years :)

It still reminds me that another year is coming to a close. It reminds me how blessed I am to have lived another healthy, blessed year. I have been blessed with a new little girl, and my first little girl will be 4 tomorrow.

Life has seasons too. My kids are in the spring of their life, just getting going, and budding with growth and new ideas everyday. It is fun to watch them as they change all the time and if you blink, you WILL miss it. I am in the summer of my life. Long days full of fun. Fun days go by so quickly that they are gone before you know it an autumn has begun.

My MIL and I were just discussing this last week. She said she knows she is in the autmn of life. She is in her 60's and still going strong, but life is a bit slower now. Time to reflect on the life she has lived and make sure to do the things she always planned to do. Spend time with the grandkids and travel to Italy :)

So as the season changes from summer to fall, reminding me that life is moving forward rapidly, I plan to spend as much time as I can basking in the rays of my 'summer' because before I know it autumn will be here for me, too.

No comments: