Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lots of Circles

I purchased our math curriculum for 25 cents at a yard sale this summer. We are using Bob Jones University Press K5, 2nd (outdated) edition. We have no manipulatives or worksheets or anything of the stuff that goes with it. Just the teacher's manual. So, I have a lot of fun supplementing our learning with the fun stuff available for each lesson. Today's lesson was about circles.

I started by giving Charger a big circle to color HERE. It kept him busy for a little bit.



I borrowed the shapes from our Playful Patterns toy (an awesome 50 cent yard sale find!). Mustang had to find the circles in the bunch. She knows her shapes well, but this was a review.
It is a GREAT tot school toy and we will be using it a lot this week.




We also made a circle caterpillar. I found this adorable craft HERE Mustang had to color the circles without coloring the numbers. I think she did a great job.

No comments: