Friday, June 18, 2010

Garage Sale Treasures

I LOVE yard sales. When we lived in the city I would go to them every single weekend. They are the best place to buy adorable, great quality, and cheap clothes, toys, etc. for my kids. Now that I live a ways away from town, we dont got near as often {gas is expensive!}, but last weekend we went to a subdivision sale and found some great deals.




First up, a bike for Mustang. We have been searching high and low for a good deal on a bike for her. This one was $10.00!! Seriously looks brand new, and the sellers aired up the tires for me before we left.



I paid $5.00 for everything in this picture!! I really wished that I hadnt found this yard sale on the very last stop after I had already dipped farther into the grocery envelope then I should have. Entire Gymboree outfits, for a dollar each. I could have paid about 100.00-bought everything the lady had and dressed Mini Cooper for the next four years in nothing but Gymboree, Talbots and Old Navy.

I should add that the nearest Gymboree is almost 3 HOURS away. To find Gymboree at a sale was a holiday for me. To find it this cheap, was nothing short of a miracle :). {And yes I am a recovering Gymboree addict}



And YES that is a Gymboree Home on the Range SMOCKED dress set. I wanted this dress SO BADLY for Mustang and couldnt ever find it for less then about $25.00 on eBay. I about passed out when I found it for a 1.00. How fitting that we now live 'on the range?'



This was another great find. 6 pair of jammies for Mustang for 6.00. I have been getting desperate for jammies around here. I WONT buy them at stores because they are just too much money!! Even Walmart wants 5.00 a pair. I actually prayed for these and found them on the very first stop! I am still praying for jammies for Charger.



Some random items. Books were anywhere from 10 cents to 50 cents. The train was $1.00. Puzzles 25 cents and 50 cents. The best deal was this Catch Phrase {complete with batteries} for 50 cents!!



And last but not least, you know you are a country girl when you are excited to find rubber boots for $1.00. These are for ME!!

There are a few things that didnt make the pictures a car seat for 1.00, toy lawn mower that Charger would sleep with if he could bring it inside {they are inseparable!} for 50 cents and a pack of Huggies for 3.00! Have I mentioned I love yard sales :)?.

I love sharing about my finds almost as much as the actual find, and was thrilled to find out that Mrs. Taffy at My Life on a Taffy Pull does too. So I'm linked up there! If you found some great yard sale treasures, come link up with us. Happy shopping & God Bless!

6 comments:

Mrs. Taffy said...

Girl you found some AWESOME things! I LOVE Gymboree too! My oh my...when my husband was making good money, I was on their website monthly! :o) God is so good to help us find the things that we really love for a price we can really afford! Thanks for linking up with me! Made my day!

Laura said...

Wow you found some amazing deals! I love it when God leads us to just what we need, and even want! When my girls were younger they LOVED the Gymboree outlett store at the mall. It was a very sad day when they outgrew their sizes. Thanks for stopping by!!

Isaac said...

If you like garage sales, you may also like listing your stuff for sale online on www.privategaragesale.com It's totally free – no commissions, no fees. Just like regular yard sale, but it runs forever.

Debbie said...

Great finds! I love garage sales, and always get so excited when I can find just what I am looking for.

Tracey said...

What wonderful finds! Love the adorable clothes you were able to get for such great price!

I'm a new visitor to your blog and look forward to reading more. Your children are precious!

Lindsay said...

What great finds you have! I love find a good deal at yardsales!