Saturday, December 17, 2011

TOS Review: World's Greatest Stories


Our family has been enjoying a CD that I am sure would be a blessing to anyone who hears it!  

The World's Greatest Stories are a collection of Bible stories on CD.  But, these are not your typical Bible stories!  Narrator George W. Sarris reads DIRECTLY from the Biblical text, using the art of dramatic story telling.  Mr. Sarris changes his voice sound and tone depending on who is speaking and what is being said.  He also incorporates music and sound effects.  

The result?  A very cool and entertaining collection of Bible stories that my children and I both enjoyed listening to!  I specifically told my husband before listening that I wasn't sure there was a need for another narrated version of the Bible.  I am more then happy to say that I had to eat my words.  The World's Greatest Stories are truly unique in their format and quality.  

I LOVE the fact that they are taken directly from the Biblical text.  I am able to let Mustang read a long in her own Bible, making this our best 'book on tape' set yet!

I highly recommend The World's Greatest Stories to, well, everyone!  Bible stories aren't just for children!  I know many adults who would enjoy these, too.   But, don't take my word for it, listen to samples of the stories on The World's Greatest Stories website.

The World's Greatest Stories is offered in both the King James Version and the New International Version (1984).  There are 6 different volumes bringing 24 different Bible stories to life.  
Each volume is only $7.95!  If you buy 6 or more volumes, the shipping is free!  They can be ordered directly from The World's Greatest Stories website.  I know it might be a little late to order for Christmas, but Easter will be here soon.  These would make a great addition to an Easter Basket!!

 If you would like to read more reviews before making your purchase, check out the TOS Review Crew Blog.

Merry Christmas and God Bless!!!

This is a review for The Old Schoolhouse Review Crew.  Thank you so much to The Sarris family for providing my family with a complementary copy of The World's Greatest Stores, Volume 1, for review.  I was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own. 



No comments: