Friday, February 15, 2013

School Day Outtakes #4

The last few weeks have been full of learning and fun!
Here are some snapshots of what we have been up to.


Mustang has been continuing her interest in cooking.  She took a short detour to cook some yummy Valentine's cupcakes with Grandma while Grandma was visiting.


Don't they look good?!


While Mustang was cooking, I caught Explorer stacking muffin cups all on her own.


Her hand eye coordination is certainly improving!


Last fall we did a brief review of All About Spelling as part of our PAL review.  We've started it back up again since it now is a good fit for where we are now.  Mustang is going through AAS level 1 to help her gain confidence in her spelling.


Charger has been doing lots and lots of golden bead work.  Here, he is getting 3 sets of quantities for static addition.  Optimus Prime and Bumblebee have been very helpful!


Reviewing alphabetical order with the Moveable Alphabet letters.


Working on her AWANA Sparks verses.


Coloring his Cubbie's book.  


Now, I know it isn't Christmas, but our red rods have not been out in awhile.  I finally purchased a stand and we were able to bring them back into our school area.  This reminded the kids of a few Christmas trees they had seen on blogs this December and really wanted to build their own.  So, they immediately got to work building this one!


This seriously warmed my heart.  While I was doing math with Charger, Mini Cooper decided to entertain a few transformers.  Her idea was to read them Bible stories from her Bible.  I can not tell you how much I love this picture!!


When the Transformers had heard the entire Bible {very abridged child's version} she came and told me the stories.  I wish I could put into words how happy it makes me to have my children understanding and remembering the Word of God.  So happy!!


Mustang later built her own, VERY, elaborate tree.


She used nearly every sensorial material we had to build the tree.  The mini cylinders, color tablets, all four boxes of knobless cylinders and even the binomial cube were there.  Only the full sized cylinder blocks were left out.


I was impressed at the patterns she chose to make.  All the mini cylinders were on color tablets, for example.


We've begun the small {or short} bead frame.  It is going well even though I had a few issues trying to understand how to teach it!


More golden bead work with the Transformers.


We've also been building lots and lots and lots of Mega Bloks.


It's required lots of following the guide.


Taking turns.


And learning how to read instructions.


To build our new favorite toy!  We received it for a review product and got to throw a tea party, which also gave Mustang an opportunity to learn some party planning and hosting skills!

I hope you have enjoyed the snippets of our schooling.  I also hope your week went well!

Thanks for stopping by!!  Happy Schooling and God Bless!



We're linking up:

Montessori Monday

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful week!! I love that picture of all the kids behind the Christmas tree! Melt my heart with the reading bible stories to the action figures! I love Mustang's Christmas tree! She did a great job!

Unknown said...

Your school outtakes are so inspiring! I love the sensorial extension work and the picture of mini charger reading makes my heart melt too.

Thank you for sharing.

Mommy to the Princesses said...

We love AAS here, though we don't regularly do it! Love the Sensorial Tree too!

Deb Chitwood said...

Amazing sensorial extensions! And the spontaneous activities are wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing at Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow