Tuesday, March 12, 2013

5 Days of Teaching Creatively: Schooling in the Kitchen


Welcome back to our 5 Days of Teaching Creatively blog hop!  Today we are heading into the kitchen.  If you are stopping by for the first time, you may not know that earlier this year my daughter decided she wanted to learn to cook.  So, we are slowly making our way through the Better Homes and Gardens Jr. cookbook.  You can read more about her journey here.  As promised, however, she recently made Monkey  Bread Rolls and boy were they yummy!


As I have been teaching her to cook, you learn really fast that there are just some things you take for granted!!  


This is one example.  I realized that buttering the inside of the muffin pans is a learned skill!  Mine is on the right and hers on the left.  She did a great job.


The children found out that they like Pecans.  I could have never gotten them to try them otherwise!



Mustang was interested by the fact that egg makes sugar stick to the rolls.  A little chemistry?  :)


And I learned I need to take a picture of the food much faster!!  They were so yummy it didn't take much time at all for them to be all gone!

I have been thoroughly enjoying these lessons in the kitchen!  I don't like to cook, but even I am finding them to be fun and a GREAT bonding experience!

Our next recipe is Apple Muffins! Yummy!!

Checkout how my crew makes school in the kitchen by clicking the links below. Or head over to the crew blog! 

Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!
Lisa





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum!! So fun to hear about what she has been learning and what you have gotten the kids to try!!