Friday, March 1, 2013

School Day Outtakes #6 New Materials!

Since we've been selling off things on our journey to minimalism, I had the opportunity to order a few new materials for our home.  We purchased the Fraction Circles and stands, Botany Cabinet, Tree and Leaf puzzles (we already have the Seed and Flower) and the Fish puzzle (we already have the Horse).  You will see they have been in action a lot this week.



Before I even got out of bed, they had the Fraction Circles out and were working with them.  Since they had not received a presentation, they just treated them as puzzles.  They got the first 1-5 easily, but 6-10 just ended up sitting in a heap until I could fix them.  Excuse the foam all over the floor-it came in the same box as the Fraction Circles and stuck to the circles, I'm still finding it all over.



New puzzles meant that they needed to get them all out at the same time!


And, just in case you wonder why I don't ask the kids to use rugs?  I do!  There it is, without any puzzles on the other side of the room!


The Botany Cabinet wasn't quite the draw I would have hoped-except to Explorer.  She really enjoyed carrying the trays all over the room.


She totally enjoyed her new puzzle!  She actually got a few of the leaves in place.


Mustang was busy drawing house plans.  I'll have to get a picture of the finished product.  I was interesting!


Formal presentations of circles 1-5 followed that afternoon.



Charger decided to be creative.


1/2  looks like a boat, Mom!


Group work on the North America Continent Puzzle.


Another day, Mustang decided to put the 6-10 circles together.  She got done with 6-8 and then gave up.  I have to admit, they are pretty hard if you mix them all up.  Maybe just do 2 or 3 at a time!


It was a little hard to focus with all that snow coming down!


HUGE flakes!  We even had thundersnow!


Copywork and Grammar with Primary Arts of Language {Mustang}.


Lots of Small Bead Frame work, here she is working on Static Addition.


The puzzles come out everyday!

I hope you enjoyed our outtakes!  Thanks for stopping by!

God Bless and Happy Schooling!


We're linked up:





Montessori Monday

4 comments:

Mommy to the Princesses said...

Awesome week! We love the puzzles here too! I have the ipad app for the montessori zoology puzzles and my younger one (who will be 3 in apr) loves working on both simultaneously!

Jen said...

What is the idea behind asking the children to use a rug? To keep the puzzle more contained? My youngest two love puzzles, and I find that I get to go on a daily treasure hunt for all the pieces.

Michelle said...

Those puzzles look absolutely wonderful!! How fun!! mine love puzzles. The littlest one is putting together 24 piece puzzles with some help. I need to look into getting new ones because we've lots pieces in all of our moves! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

woohoo for new materials from purged things in the house!! These materials are totally engaging me.. I want to come over there and do them!