Wednesday, March 27, 2013

School Day Outtakes #7

It's been a little while since we had some school day outtakes, so here's a quick look at what we have been up to:


Learning about the differences between triangles using the 3 part cards.  


Here Mustang is doing online research for her Land Animals of the 6th Day from Apologia which we reviewed here.


Mapping animals of North America (also from Land Animals of the 6th Day).


Parts of a tree.


SNAKE GAME!!  Finally!! He really loved it!!

Using the Kindle Fire to do Knobless Cylinder extensions from Our Montessori Story.

Playing a reading action game from our IEW Primary Arts of Language curriculum.  I have found this to be a reading curricula that fits in very nicely with the Montessori education method.

Turns out, Mini Cooper has been pretty board with the materials I have been letting her use.  So, we got out the number rods-and she mastered them the first time!  She is only 3 1/2 and I didn't figure she would be ready for them.  Boy was I wrong!!



Completed hundred's board!  That is quite a challenge, too.  Not so much because it is hard work, but it takes forever and it's hard to stick with it.  I had to really encourage him to continue.  He was so please with himself when it was done, though!!  And yes, our #14 is missing-boo!


Day two of the red rods I thought I'd just see if she could label them.  Yep, all of them, first try!!  Excuse the outfit, she picked it herself :).


Explorer has been interested in coloring lately.


And she is so focused when using the letter board!  Think she's going to be a lefty??  I'm thinking maybe so!


Sorting kitchen and bath items from Montessori Materials.




A new favorite book great for I Spy lessons Daisy Gets Dressed.  Loved this one!!  It's actually one we are likely to purchase after checking it out at the library and using up all the days we could.  It's Mini Coopers favorite!


Labeling fractions.  I used the labels I found here.  They are from amonco.org, but I could not find the direct link from their page. I had located the printable file through Google.  I hate to link directly to the file, but I don't know how else to get you there.  


We've also been playing a lot of I Spy using the free cards at Montessori Print Shop.

Of course we have been doing more, but these are what I could catch on camera :).  I hope you have been having a great few weeks of school!!  Thanks for stopping by!

God Bless!  And Happy Easter!!

Lisa

3 comments:

Mommy to the Princesses said...

What a nice and well rounded week! I've just been too bored to post our weekly wrap ups!

Bess Wuertz said...

I always love seeing school day pictures. We just started on the snake game as well. Great work on the number rods!

Mommy to the Princesses said...

Very nice! I love the self chosen dress combination!