Wednesday, July 10, 2019

The House ~ Part 4

So, we went and we saw.  We, meaning my husband came, too.  My husband went and saw.

We (well, actually, read me) have been looking for a place to buy for the last 9 years, more seriously in the last 5. About 9 years ago, we put in an offer on a house my husband always loved, and it didn't work out.  There were also two other places that we gave serious thought, but they didn't work out either.  In general, though, my husband has been happy with where we currently live.

To be fair, we live on an amazing farm.  We have the most beautiful views. We have cows out our window and a creek down the lane.  We have only two neighbors, neither of which we can see from our windows.  It's quiet, and secluded.

(fireplace in the house for sale)

There are a lot of great things about this house! But, we rent.  We also had a super harsh winter this last year, and the school buses wouldn't even run down our road for an entire month! Meaning, I had to go out in the super cold and questionable road to take my kids to school.

Mustang, especially, is super involved in school activities.  This requires a lot of driving back and forth from town.  It's only a 10 minute drive to the school, but that's 20 minutes round trip. Sometimes more than once a day.  Sometimes, more than twice a day. And, our road has a lot of rocks, and is known for giving flat tires.

This is not supposed to be a complaint post.  But, I did want to share a little about why I was even considering giving up such a wonderful spot in favor of a foreclosure with lots of work to do.  There are other reasons, too, but I'll save them for another time.

(Cool wallpaper in one of the rooms)

Living in such a nice place, has made my husband very reluctant to consider anywhere else.  He likes being in the country.  He likes being 2 miles from the farm where he farms.  He likes not having neighbors. So, I knew that just because he went to the house did not mean that he would want the house.  And, even if he liked the house would not mean that he wanted to buy the house. So, this was my next prayer.

He had lots to say when we got home from the house.  He had ideas, and had already started thinking about where he would put a mini-split. He likes thinking about unique heating and cooling options, which is really good with this house!

I tried not to be too hopeful, but when I asked if he wanted the house...he replied, I have interest.  This was a big deal!

(Clawfoot tub.  Yes, we think that's a wooden table top underneath-some things are weird).

It isn't in the country, but it's on an acre of land.  It's also on the very edge of town, so it backs up to a field. It's on a quiet street, and has lots of trees.  It also sets back from the road a lot, so you feel a little secluded. 

One of my favorite extras is that we have lived in two houses since we moved here to farm.  Each of them is two miles from the farm.  This house is ALSO two miles from the farm.  So, we would move to 'town,' but not be any farther from the farm.

And, while his reply of 'I have interest,' wasn't a complete answer.  I knew it was enough to move forward with trying to buy the house.  If things went well, I could push for a more official answer.  But, it was enough of a yes to move forward.

Sometimes God answers with a solid yes, and sometimes with a 'watch and see' yes.  This was the second. Still an answer to prayer.


Continuing the story:

Part One:
Part Two:
Part Three:



No comments: