Friday, September 25, 2009

Toy Yard Sale Money Learning







If you know me at all-or have read much of my blog-you know I enjoy going to yard sales. My daughter loves them too. She loves to go with me to see, and hopefully buy, toys. Well today, at her request, we had a toy yard sale.

She grabbed some of her toys and layed them on the coffee table for me to 'buy.' Using post it notes we priced her items. Then, she sold them to me.

Our local library has fantastic learning packs available for checkout, including a cool money package. It includes 3 books on money, a cool register, and play money. We used the register for our yard sale.


After our sale, we read the book Bunny Money, by Rosemary Wells. I HIGHLY recommend it.



Then we played with these neat ginormous coins we bought at the Dollar Tree on Wednesday. Mustang knew I had gotten them and was begging me to play with them. So, I had to quickly come up with a way to use them.



I found money work sheets HERE on moneyinstructor.com and printed them off. As you can see in the pictures, my printer only prints a fugly green currently (I am at the very end of my ink), so I had to write in all the details of the coins. Then, Mustang had to match up the toy coins to the right worksheet. This was very challenging for her, but I was really glad we did it. We went over each coin and she did get them all in the end, but she didnt want to play again today.

No comments: