Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Flower Garden Sensory Tub

Our theme for the week was sunflowers, which I'll be posting about over the next couple days.  But, I wanted to show you our sensory tub for this month.  I had a sunflower theme in mind, but it ended up turning into more of just a flower theme.  It still turned out cute and the kids really liked it!


Here's our little flower garden box.   Little being key word.  After I filled it, I wished I had grabbed a larger size.  But, the kids didn't seem to notice.  



View from the top.


The box started with black beans, yellow, black, and gold sparkle pom poms. 
 I hid a little ladybug eraser in the 'dirt.'



I added these wooden flowers and butterflies from Hobby Lobby.  And every garden needs a white picket fence (also from Hob Lob).


The watering can is from Hobby Lobby.  The flower pot was a treasure at a yard sale, and the scoop is from Montessori Services.


This super cute pinwheel has been a favorite-and they still haven't even noticed that it's a pinwheel!


A few lacing beads and a string.


Lots of fun has been going on!  Filling the watering can with all the beads.


Building a TALL tower to make the flower look like a big sunflower.


And best of all, lots of playing together.

Thanks for stopping by!  God Bless!


Montessori Monday

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohh my goodness what a cute sensory tub! :-)

Angela said...

I love this! We just recently discovered sensory bins and my girls really love them. We made an "under the sea" themed one they played with for long periods of time. :)

Michele said...

What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing.

Deb Chitwood said...

What a cute sensory bin ... and I love all the learning activities included in it! Thanks for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and added your flower posts to my Montessori-Inspired Gardening Unit at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2012/05/29/montessori-inspired-gardening-unit/