I thought I'd share our list with you. Since I am always looking for books to add to our pile, I thought you might want to see ours, too.
1. Santa's Favorite Story: Santa Tells the Story of the First Christmas -this is a GEM!!! If you want to draw attention away from Santa, but still have him in your Christmas celebration, I highly recommend this book.
2.Who is Coming to Our House? A sweet book for little ones.
3. The King's Christmas List-We reviewed this book three years ago, and it still makes its yearly appearance. A wonderful book to teach about giving.
4. Tree of Cranes- This was new to the stack last year and we loved it! Perfect for learning about Christmas traditions in other countries!
5. The Crippled Lamb - Can you have a Christmas list without this one on it? I don't think so ;).
6. The Mitten - This is an older version of this story, but very sweet!
7. The Night Before Christmas, from Jan Brett
9. Bless You, Santa! This one is flat out cheesy, but a ton of fun to read out lout. Always gives my kids the giggles!
10.The Very First Christmas - Wonderful telling of Luke 2 (direct text), that has lots of questions throughout from a little boy who is listening to his mother read from the Bible. It breaks up the sometimes boring text (to a little one), and keeps their attention.
11.If You Take a Mouse to the Movies-another silly fun one!
12. The Wild Christmas Reindeer -I've actually never read this one before. I'm looking forward to it!
13. Christmas in the Big Woods (Little House) -The perfect book for discussing Christmas traditions and how they have changed or stayed the same.
14. The Night Before Christmas This one is from Mary Engelbreit. We love this story and it's fun to see a different illustrator of the same story.
15. Clifford's First Christmas This was a gift for Mustang's first Christmas. So, we read it every year.
16. Arthur's Christmas: An Arthur Adventure (Arthur Adventure Series) Nothing super special about this one, lol! But, my children love Arthur :).
17. Merry Christmas, Space Case (Picture Puffin) Another silly one. We have never read the Space Case books, but my children think this is a very funny story!
18.Nine Days to Christmas: A Story of Mexico (Picture Puffins) My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE Christmas book that we read. It's wonderful. You can read our lesson plan from last year.
19.On Christmas Eve by Margaret Wise Brown. A beautiful classic!
20.Jingle the Christmas Clown by Tomie dePaola. This is a very different story, but I like how it addresses the fact that not every one's Christmas is a good one. And, that we can look for ways to help others have a good Christmas even if they don't have a lot of money or Christmas cheer.
21. Annika's Secret Wish This book is amazing. A genuine must read!!
22. The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree (Berenstain Bears/Living Lights) I think this is pretty much the best Berenstain Bears Book ever. I hope you get a chance to read it!
23. The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree: An Appalachian Story I saved the best for last. This is my very favorite Christmas book (well I guess I can't decide between this one and 9 Days Till Christmas). Be sure to have a tissue handy, even if you aren't pregnant!
So, that's our line up for this year! I'm looking forward to reading all of these great books and doing some activities with them.
Are you doing the countdown to Christmas in books? What's on your list??
*If you haven't already, be sure to check out my current giveaway for a natural baby kit from Four Cow Farm*
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links.