Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Gifts 2010: The King's Christmas List



In addition to their individual gifts, there will be some group gifts for the children. First of all will be this amazing book, The King's Christmas List by Eldon Johnson.

The King's Christmas List is about a sweet little girl by the name of Emma. Emma and her little puppy, Shu-Shu have been invited to the King's birthday party and want to bring Him the perfect gift. Along the way to the party, they meet different children in need. All they have to give are the gifts they had brought for the King. In this story, Emma and Shu-Shu learn that when we give to those in need, we also give to our Heavenly Father, our King.

The King's Christmas List has beautiful, colorful, pictures. It is easy to read and fast paced, which will hold the attention of even my one year old. I love the reference of the King's birthday party to which we are all invited. It's a great reminder of the privilege it is to celebrate the King's birthday on Christmas. The back of the book suggests a few ways that we can give to our King by providing water and food to those in need.

I plan to give this book to the kids on Christmas Eve. It may even become a tradition in our house each year. If you are looking for a special Christmas story to share with your children this Christmas, check out The King's Christmas List, by Eldon Johnson, Thomas Nelson publisher.

Merry Christmas & God Bless!

Thank you to the Tommy Nelson Book Sneeze Network for providing me with a complementary copy for my review. All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a perfect family gift!!

Patricia said...

You've got an award over my blog. I love your blog.http://mytotlearningtime.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-very-first-award.html

Elle Belles Bows said...

I cannot wait to check this book out. Thanks for sharing! Kerri