Friday, January 17, 2014

Weekly Menu Plan

I know most people post these on Monday, but I shop on Friday.  So, I plan on Friday.  I have always planned, but for some reason I hardly ever post my plan.  Thought I'd give it a try :).


Friday-Pizza.  Nothing too exciting, I often pick up a Little Caesar's pizza or two to eat when we get home from our long trip to town to run errands.

Saturday-We are trying a new recipe this week:  Iowa Maid Rites.  I really hope they are good!  You can check out my Pinterest pin here.  They are made in the crock pot, so they should be ready when we get home from church!  We'll have fries with these.

Sunday-Grilled cheese and potato soup.  My family really enjoys the Bear Creek soup, and I find it easy and yummy to make.  We head to Bible study after dinner so I need something easy.

Monday-A few weeks back, we tried this yummy taco ring from Pampered Chef.  This will be the third time we have had it, it's so good!

Tuesday-Because I am in love with my crock pot-especially during school week-we will be having a pot roast with potatoes and carrots.  Mmmm.

Wednesday-AWANA night, which means our eating schedule is all mixed up.  Mac and cheese it is.  If people are super hungry, we have hot dogs.  I make sure I choose food my kids really love so that I know for sure they will eat before they go.  My kids are not easy to deal with when they are hungry and I don't want them getting kicked out of AWANA :).

Thursday-One last crock pot meal is one that we just tried out this last week, but we are already ready to try it again-plus I had purchased some of the ingredients in bulk and it cut down on my grocery bill this week to make it again.  We will be having Slow-Cooker Creamy Chicken with Biscuits.  I doubt there will be leftovers.

Oh, and I hope you don't mind I didn't bore you with our breakfast and lunches.  The kids always eat cereal.  They are also very stuck in their PJ & J or meat and cheese sandwich meals.  We add various sides, but overall it's the same thing, and they prefer it that way.  Maybe someday that will change?  I don't know.  For now, I'm just happy to report I cook dinner :).

So, that's our plan.  Hope it helps if you are looking for something new to try!

God Bless,
Lisa

1 comment:

Jen said...

Looks like a yummy week and some interesting new stuff for us to try! I HAVE to start doing this more often :) Thanks for sharing!