Monday, November 3, 2014

Thankful Post #2

Today, I am thankful for my Heritage.  My parents, my grandparents, my great-grandparents, my family.

My father is a minister, so I guess it's probably because of his profession that we were at church anytime the doors were open..I mean he was the one who usually opened the doors, lol.  Let me tell you, though, I am so grateful for all those times!

My parents could have chosen a million different paths in life, but they listen to the call of God for their lives.  Through their willingness to serve the Lord, not only were hundreds of other people touched...I was touched.  I came to know the Lord and His salvation.

I am so thankful to know Him as my savior and so thankful that they know Him, too.  I'm so thankful that I have their support in raising my children knowing all about Jesus.

I am so thankful that He is part of our everyday life.  I'm so thankful that our holidays and dinners and conversation include learning about and worshiping the Lord.

Some families pass down money or companies or valued possessions (and yes there are a few of those in our family), but I'm so grateful that our family has passed down the most important inheritance they can-knowledge and love of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I hope you know Him, too!

God Bless,
Lisa



No comments: