Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bible Activity Book: Jacob's Ladder FREE Printable!!

Our newest page in our Bible Activity Book is based on the story 'Jacob's Dream.' We follow the order of The Beginner's Bible. If you dont have a children's Bible, I highly recommend this one!!

It took me a bit to figure out what we were going to do for this story. I couldnt find what I wanted online, but thankfully the Lord helped me come up with something for us-and for you :).  The graphics used in this package were purchase from Just So Scrappy.



I went ahead and cut everything out for Charger and Mini Cooper, so this is what they started with. Mustang cut out her own stars. The anchor paper has "The Lord said...I will watch over you where ever you go, and I will bring you back to this land." Genesis 28:15 (this is abridged since the part-the Lord said-is actually in Genesis 28:14, and its not the entire vers). I used the NIV 1984 version for my text. I try to come up with a verse that tells as much of the story, or the most important part of the story at one time.



I had something different in mind, but when I sat down with the kids I realized right away that it wasnt going to work. So, I cut strips out of yellow construction paper to make our stairs. I made some for the download, hopefully they work right :). I glued around the edge of three sides and then Charger and Mustang put them in place on their papers. Dont glue the forth side or it wont work right.



Then we glued down the rock and the stars. Jacob and the angels are free so that they can move about the page. Since this story promises that God will bring Jacob and his family to this place, there are 12 stars to represent each of Jacob's 12 sons.


The angels can be tucked into the staircase as they move up and down.


Joseph can sleep and dream,



or stand and praise the Lord. I did realize after Chargers that it would be better to place the rock under the staircase so that Jacob has more room to stand. We did that for Mustangs and it seemed to work much better.



In case you would like to use this craft with your child or Sunday School class, it can be downloaded free here. **Updated to Google Docs 3/2/14** Pack includes 2 pages. The first page is the base sheet with the Bible verse, grass, and small gold stars. The second page includes Jacob, 5 angles, 5 gold stairs, 12 stars, and a rock.

If you have any problems with the download or questions about putting it together, please let me know. I hope you enjoy it!!

God Bless!

We're linked up!



Tot School

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Perfect! Jonathan and I are doing Jacob next week. I just printed it out and I'll link to you when I post about it. Thanks for sharing!

Ticia said...

I love this! I am totally using this for when we get to Jacob.

FYI: part way through the post you start saying Joseph instead of Jacob.

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Thanks for letting me know! I think I have it fixed now :).

Kay said...

what a GREAT craft idea!! thanks for sharing!!

Stefanie said...

So cute Lisa!!!

Amanda said...

So we used this along with our Jacob lesson a couple weeks ago. We're still working on gluing. lol. Thanks again for sharing! Would love to see more Bible printables in the future! :)


http://nurseryrhymesandfuntimes.blogspot.com/2011/08/kids-in-word-jacob.html

Margie said...

This is wonderful! Thank you for sharing it. I teach Sunday School in Europe and I am always looking for crafts to do with the children each week. I was trying to open up the file in PSE to white out the verse and put it in the language I need but it asks for a password.
Is it possible for me to change the verse? No worries if not -I will just print out the verse and paste it over.
Thanks again and I will be checking out more of your blog :)
God bless you!!

Heather said...

This is great! Thank you for sharing your idea. I'm a sunday school teacher and I was beginning to get stumped on what activity the kids can do with this Jacob's Ladder story. Problem solved now, thank you again! I will continue to check out your site for more ideas.

Ticia said...

Just wanted to let you know, your post showed up on the first page of my search for Jacob's ladder crafts (and your image was one of the very first ones I found).

Michelle said...

Ever tried putting this on felt?

Viki said...

I appreciate this craft! I teach children's church and search every week for different crafts! My kids aren't old enough to cut so I will cut out the angels, Jacob, ladder, and rock and buy some gold star stickers. I will let them put them on the first page like it is. Thanks again!