Wednesday, September 30, 2009

God's Perfect Timing

We have had a tire in need of replacing. It apparently had a bump on it. Not sure how it got there, but for the last few weeks it has made this terrible vibration when we drove, not to mention a lot of noise! We knew it was on its last leg and planned to have it replaced this evening before we left for the farm.

Well, this afternoon the kids and I had to go make a house payment. The bank is about a 20 minute drive each way. So we rumbled our way down and back again. I really needed a few things for our trip and debated on our way back whether I would run to Walmart or give my list to DH when he went for a tire. I decided to go ahead and go.

I took the Wal-mart exit and stopped at the light at the bottom of the ramp. When I pulled away from the light, I knew something had changed. The rumble had gotten MUCH louder, and the vibration much stronger. I drove about 1/2 mile and heard a pop. The sound and vibration went away, but it didnt feel like it was flat.

I pulled off the road and inspected the tire. It looked a bit different on the back, but wasnt flat or even low. I called DH and told him to meet us at Walmart, because I knew the tire was on its last trip. I pulled back on the road and headed to Walmart.

I told Mustang we should pray, and we said a very short prayer asking God to please get us there. The drive was just under a mile and the speed limit is only 30, so I was able to drive slowly and carefully without annoying other drivers.

When I pulled away from the stop light at the entrance to Walmart, I knew my tire was flat. I was just about a football field's length from the automotive department, so I went ahead and drove the distance, praying the wheel would be okay. I parked in the only open spot by the automotive department and breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Obviously, that could have gone very differently at any point, and I am very thankful that God worked everything out for us.

No comments: