Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday-Back to School

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

I know it's Tuesday and not Monday, but due to some obligations we were not able to eat our muffin tin meal yesterday, so we did today.

The theme for this week was Back to School. The first I thought of an apple theme, but quickly decided that would be hard and not too original. So I went a different route.

I decided to do a poll of my Facebook friends and ask their favorite school lunch food. There were various answers, but the overwhelming winning seemed to be pizza. Rectangle pizza. I knew what they were talking about because its my favorite too. I dont know where you get rectangle pizza so I cut our round pizza into rectangles. I also put with it other traditional school lunch foods.



We had pizza, french fries, ranch dipping sauce, buttered corn, fruit cocktail, and chocolate milk. The kids looked at the fruit cocktail funny, but turns out they like it. They picked at the corn, but at least they tried it. The chocolate milk was a real treat, my favorite part!

For more yummy muffin tin meals check out Her Cup Overfloweth. Thanks for checking us out.

6 comments:

sbswtp said...

awesome. I think you totally nailed the theme!!! And I soooo know what you are talking about with the rectangle pizza.

KateO said...

Ahahaaa! So funny about your school themed lunch. It looks straight off the cafeteria line w/ the fruit cocktail and corn. So cute.
Oh, don't know if you have it in the midwest (if thats where you live), but the rectangle pizza can be found here, its called Ellio's pizza and most grocery stores make their own brand of it too. Its actually my fav. frozen pizza. Mmmm, I want some now!!

w said...

love it. also. i think i'm probably the only one who loved my school cafeteria food.

Anonymous said...

great lunch. Pizza is a regular lunch here too.

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

What a fun idea! Square pizza and crinkle fries make ME think of school lunches too! :)

Unknown said...

I really like that you polled your friends. What a great idea! I remember having meals like this from the school cafeteria.