Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sound Boxes: Letter T

A couple weeks ago I told you about sound boxes that I found on What DID we do all day? I am going to try to post about each of the boxes that I make. To be honest, there is a lot of repetition between the I box and the T box. Maybe in the future I can try and change it up a little.

A sound box is a box (or in my case a bin) of items to help teach a phonetical sound. This week our letter was T.

I got most of the ideas for what to put in the box from What DID we do all day?, but I added a few of my own.

Here's what's in our box:



Sandpaper letters

Letter T objects: Triangle, Turtle, Television, Truck, another Turtle, Toaster, Train, Trumpet, and Tug Boat.




Letter T cards, one set was cut apart and put inside the T box. The other set I left together for matching. I downloaded these from Our Montessori Story



The Letter T for Turtle & T for Television from our flashcard set.

T is for Turtle magnet page and lowercase and uppercase T is for Turtle sorting from Confessions of a Homeschooler



Find the T snowman game and Sound mat from PreKinders



How to Build T template from Tired Need Sleep

Letter T Alphabet Partner Puzzles and Time for T printable book from Alphabet Avenue {scroll down to Alphabet Readers Zip File}

Worksheets from Starfall that my friend made into a cool book for Mustang.

I found a fun new tote to display it all in at the Dollar Tree :)



God Bless!

2 comments:

kewkew said...

I really like the idea of the sound boxes. I need to ask, where do you find the little objects. I have been wanting to find little objects like that for a while. I know the Montessori where I worked had a nice selection, but I have no idea where to find such things.

Anonymous said...

Love this idea for sound boxes! Is it pretty time consuming to pull it all together?