Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Raising Rock Stars: Creation Day 2



And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day. Genesis 1:6-8 NIV from Biblegateway.com.

This week we read about 2 day of Creation. We read from 'Read Me a Bible Story,' and from '5-minute Bible Stories.' We sang 'He's Got the Whole World' and the kids are starting to recognize this song. They LOVE to dance and clap along while I sing to them. One of these weeks I hope they will sing WITH me :).

I made up a sorting game and brought it out this week with just days 1 and 2.



For Day 1 I cut out a white and black square. For Day 2, I used clip art for the heavens and the water. (click on the word and it will link you to the photo I used) The water is not the same as the picture I have. It is waay better! I just came across it and intend to update my set.

Then we read 'The Little Cloud' by Eric Carle. Very cute, highly recommended.



Finally, we worked on the second page of our lapbook. Mustang and Charger colored their earths to have a sky and a sea. I found clip art on Bible Kids Fun Zone {tons of cute stuff there!}.




We will be taking a break, next week, from our Creation study to learn about Easter, THE #1 best story of all time! Check out day 3 in 2 weeks.

This is part 2 of a 7 part series.

Part 1
Part 3 {coming}
Part 4 {coming}
Part 5 {coming}
Part 6 {coming}
Part 7 {coming}

I get a lot of my ideas and inspiration from Carisa and her blog 1+1+1=1. She started Raising Rock stars and has a ton of great resources to use when teaching your kids about the Lord. Check out her weekly post!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Very neat cards. I mad some Creation cards for my 3 and 4 year old church class several years back and they loved pulling them out and playing with them!