Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Book Review: The Money Answer Book by Dave Ramsey


When I worked as a loan officer and as bill collector {just a job please dont shoot me}, I was amazed at how little some people cared about their personal financial situations. On the other hand, there were many who DID care, but had no idea where to start looking for answers in the huge world of finances, money, savings, investing, retirements, loans, credit scores, etc. The 'money' world can be quite scary.


Dave Ramsey, a leading financial expert, has written 'The Money Answer Book,' to help anyone and everyone charter the waters of the money world.


He covers questions such as:


"What are Debit Cards?"

"Do I need separate checking and savings accounts?"

"When should I start giving my kids allowance?"

"What is the envelope system?"

and

"What is a will?"


He also gets into more uncharted territories such as:


"I'm deceiving my spouse about money, how can I come clean?"

"My spouse just left me, how do I protect my credit?"

"Aren't private schools and private lessons and investment in my child's future?"

"How can I invest in Mutual Funds with companies that align with my spiritual values?"

and

"Is it acceptable to 'pause' tithing in tough financial times?"


My favorite question is "What's the most important financial principle?"


The layout of "The Money Answer Book" allows for a read through or a quick reference and would make a great gift for say a COLLEGE GRADUATE. This book will give you all the info you need to get started in making a budget and wise financial decisions.


As Mr. Ramsey puts it "Personal finance is 80 percent behavior and only 20 percent head knowledge." The Money Answer Book will give you much more then the needed 20 percent :)


'Get smart. Get motivated. Get going!'

Dave Ramsey


Thank you to the Thomas Nelson Book Sneeze Club for providing me with a complementary copy of The Money Answer book for my review. I was not paid for my review and the opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read several reviews for this book.. I really do need to buy a copy of one of his books! We are doing "pretty good" but I know we could be doing much better with our finances! Thanks for the great review!

KateO said...

I love Dave Ramsey's plan. We did Financial peace u and it was life changing and ultimately allowed Scott to change careers and jobs for a lot less money after we paid off our debt-so he could have more time for family and ministry. Next month we are debt free except for the house and it feels so good.
This book looks interesting...
Kate

Kara said...

We love Dave Ramsey, and I still use the envelope system for the most part! I think everyone would benefit from this book and taking his course:)