Thursday, September 9, 2010

Product Review: Hermie: Who is in Charge Anyway?



Meet the Garden gang before they grew up!

Sitting around a camp fire on a beautiful star-lit night, the garden gang is talking about their favorite memories. Antonio recounts the Garden Olympics, but admits he was a scrawny kid-ant whose parents did not think he would ever amount to much. Flo confesses she used to be shy and introverted. Turns out all Hermie and Friends’ adventures are made possible by the things that happened to them as kids. And it’s also clear that God has had a plan for all of the garden characters right from the start – as long as they had the sense to listen and follow God’s message. Includes new and previous animation.

We recently received this cute movie for review. I was excited to share a Christ-centered movie with my children. They really enjoyed the cute characters and fun songs. I LOVED the graphics, which reminded me of Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids.

Unfortunately, I felt like the story line was a bit of a stretch. There were tons of flash backs to previous Hermie stories, and Who is in Charge Anyway? was a story about other stories. The clips from previous stories looked like they were very cute story lines and I wished I was watching one of them instead of this one. So, I would recommend trying one of the other Hermie movies before this one.

To find out more about Hermie: Who is in Charge Anyway?, check out the Thomas Nelson product page. Hermie: Who is in Charge Anyway? retails for 14.99 and is available at most Christian book stores and online. God Bless!

Thank you to Thomas Nelson Book Sneeze for providing a complementary DVD for my review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: