Saturday, January 23, 2010

Preschool Letter F




This past week was a very SHORT week of school. We normally have school 4 days, this week we only had 2. We had appointments on Friday, and Thursday I woke up with a bee in my bonnet that I HAD to organize the school room right then. I did get the school room finished, so it was worth the day off school. We still had a fun time on Tuesday and Wednesday learning about letter F. I plan to continue it this next week, too.

Thanks to Mouse Grows Mouse Learns, we started Progressive Phonics this week. I had never heard about this program before, and it is PERFECT! I love it! I was surprised to find out that Mustang can already read the word dog. She also practiced writing the letters d, o, & g.

We read the book 'The Tiny Seed' by Eric Carle.



Then we made our F is for Flower Craft.



We used the Twister game board and I had Mustang race frogs. When I spun the spinner, she would move the frog on that color. Red won before green even moved off start.



Our trays this week:

Tracing d, o, and g with a corn holder. I got this idea from Itty Bitty Love.





The object of this one was to put the numbers in the matching holder (we pretended that pink was red) and then putting the number of fish in the container. They also matched the number of the color. It was a bit easy for Mustang, but it was good review.





I made a math box, also an idea from Mouse Grows Mouse Learns (great blog), and had her make d, o, and g from the materials given.





Putting gems on the matching wooden stick. I found this at The Adventures of Bear.




Hammering golf tees into the Styrofoam-complements of the new washer :) She LOVED this one!




And that wraps it up. We had a great week, but I am excited about a few things I still have planned for F, so I hope you stop by again then. Check out the Preschool Corner for more awesome ideas.

3 comments:

phasejumper said...

Love the idea of hammering golf tees into styrofoam! Thanks for sharing!

Jolanthe said...

I love that use of the Twister game board!! :) And the names of your kids are hilarious! :)

Unknown said...

I love the idea of hammering in styrofoam. Thanks for stopping by. My JDaniel is really Joseph Daniel the 4. I am glad my site makes you smile.