Monday, June 14, 2010

Raising Rock Stars: Creation Day 6, part 2



"Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [b] and over all the creatures that move along the ground." So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. " Genesis 1:26-27 NIV

We are on our 2nd part on the day 6 of Creation. The creation of man. First of all, I have a complaint. As I looked for good graphics to use with our crafts and learning, I found that the vast majority of online Creation printables look like Adam and Eve are on drugs. Am I the only one to notice this? The second issue I have is that they all show Adam and Eve created on day 6. I realize that the verse mentions females to point out that we are all created in God's image, but if you read further you realize that Eve wasnt around on day 6. I only wish I was good at creating graphics, then I could make my own, but for now I am at the mercy of the generous people who have been willing to share their printables. Who, buy the way, I am VERY GRATEFUL. But, if anyone knows of a good Adam only, not on drugs, free printables let me know!


After reading in our Bible story book, we read All About Me from DK books. We received this book from our former doctor's office! Every few visits, our doctor used to give the kids free books. We miss them!!

The discussion of our body parts lead to an impromptu game of Hokey Pokey, which all three kids LOVED.



I made strips with each of their names on it and used milk caps to create puzzles. I got this idea from Carissa at 1+1+1=1, though she uses water bottle caps. We never drink water, so I didnt have any caps and decided to make my own. Well, milk caps are not the best idea, they are so BIG. They dont seem that big, but when you line them all up they certainly are. Oh well. This was Charger's first time learning to spell his name, and he really really loved it.





We finished up by coloring some pages for our lapbooks that I got from Lapbook Lessons. They have so many great printables!

And that's a wrap. For more Raising Rock Stars ideas, check out the weekly linky at 1+1+1=1. God Bless!!

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 6A
Part 7 {coming}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay great part 2 of day 6! I totally agree w/ the whole adam and eve on day 6! I wonder if you could find an image of just adam and use it to make your own?