Monday, April 19, 2010

Raising Rock Stars: Creation Day 3



On day three of Creation, God created flowers, plants and trees. We had a lot of fun with this one.

I am a little behind in posting our Raising Rock stars lessons, which you will probably notice since Charger's hair is MUCH longer. I forgot just how badly he needed his hair cut before we finally cut it!

First we read the Creation story again in our 5-minute Bible Story book.



Then we worked on our day 3 earth for our lapbook. I got the graphics from Bible Kids Fun Zone.




We matched calendar flowers-a great idea I got from Chasing Cheerios. I took an old calendar and cut out the little display pictures from the back of the calendar and then Charger had to match them with the full size pictures from each month. See the hair? Wow it was long!

Then we made the CUTEST project we have done to date-no lie. I got the idea from Elise at Inspiration Surrounds Creativity Abounds who has some of THE most creative ideas ever. I highly recommend her blog!





We took a pom pom, pipe cleaner, and felt. I cut circles and petals out of different colors of felt. Charger and Mustang would first pick a pom pom and pipe cleaners and I would wrap the end of the pipe cleaner around the pom pom and then they would thread a circle and petal on the pipe cleaner to make a flower.



LOVE THEM! We gave them to grandmas and aunts for Easter. They seemed to enjoy them as well.

To check out what others are doing in their Bible lessons check out 1+1+1=1.

This is part 3 of a 7 part series.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 4 {coming}
Part 5 {coming}
Part 6 {coming}
Part 7 {coming}

3 comments:

Savor The Days said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Your blog is fantastic and I signed up to follow it. I love all the hands on projects for children. That's always the best way for them to learn.

Jillian said...

our flowers were very sweet :)
thank you.

Anonymous said...

oo very cute activities for creation day 3. I love the flowers you guys made super cute!